Saturday, June 15, 2013

A 'challenging' visit (Part 1)

Last weekend Nathan and I we able to go spend the night at Heber Valley Girls Camp and visit with my parents.  After a rough start at the gate, which you can read about in my previous post 'a warm welcome' my parents lead us straight to one of the camp's 5 challenge courses. 

Challenge Course #1 involves putting on a climbing harness and than scaling a 30 foot tall log with small hand/foot holds notched into it.  Also the log is not secured to the ground.  It hangs and therefore swings as you climb.  When you finally reach the top of the log you have to cross a thin wire bridge another 30 feet to reach the zip-line platform, and sailing back to the ground and freedom.
The hardest part for me was that I am very afraid of heights.  The higher I climbed the worse it got.  and than traveling along the wire bridge with only a thin wire under my feet and a rope in my hands I could see all across the mountain, including the ground far below me.   The zip-line was a easiest part for me.  Just a simple ride down.

My sister Sam climbing the log.

My Dad climbing, I inherited my fear of heights from him,

My turn up the log. 
Nathan crossing the bridge.  A missionary Sister stays in the
platform to help with the transition to the zip-line.

Trying not to look down.
My Dad crossing the bridge.





Sam going down the zip-line.  This was the hardest part
for her because several years ago she fell from a zip-line and
landed flat on her back.  She wasn't hurt but it was still
a big scare.  She did great doing it at camp and even did it twice.
Nathan riding down.

Happy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment