Friday, January 31, 2014

Dinner with a friend

Tonight I had the chance to catch up with a good friend.  Sharon and I met while working together as HUC's four years ago at the hospital.  For three and a half years of that time we would spend 12 hours a week together and became fast and amazing friends.  We do not even notice the 30+ year age difference.  But six months ago Sharon had to quit working in order to relieve some of the stress in her life.  As hard as it was to watch her leave and miss our scheduled work/chats, I was happy that she was able to make the changes that she needed to make for her life.  Unfortunately a few months after she stopped working with me she had a bad fall that required a large surgery and quite a difficult recovery.
During this time we have made it a point to get together once or twice a month as time allows and continue our deep friendship.
Tonight was one of those times.  We got together and went out to dinner at Mimi's, a wonderful French restaurant.  For over two hours we talked and laughed while we ate.  No matter how long it has been since our last get together we are always able to chat freely and the time just gets away from us. 
I am so grateful for Sharon's friendship in my life.  She has been a teacher, a role model, an example of overcoming challenges, a cheerleader, and the big sister I never had.
I have been blessed with a few wonderful friends in my life that time/distance/and age are not a factor.  I love each one of them and the love and encouragement that they add to my life. 

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment