Saturday, January 31, 2015

Welcoming the newest member of our family

Introducing Frankie!



Have you ever watched a YouTube video that changed your life? I have.
In late December my Nathan and I were watching some videos on a YouTube channel we follow called Vet Ranch. Then newest video was about a torn up pit-bull puppy they named Frankie who the wonderful people at Vet Ranch were able to help.
Frankie is a 4 month old fun and playful pit-bull puppy. But five weeks ago his life was not going so well. He was found wandering a parking lot in San Antonio TX with over a dozen lacerations covering his body. Some of which were very deep. Thanks to a local vet, he was rescued, stitched up and back on track for a happy healthy life.
You can see that part of his story in the video below:



After the first 60 seconds of the video I was in love with Frankie. I wanted him. I loved him. How can you love an animal you have never met and lives 1300 miles away? I don't know. But I did. But by the end of the video I was sad, but happy when Dr. Matt reported that Frankie had a home to go to.
Unfortunately, the family who found Frankie and took him home ended up being unable to keep him for unrelated reasons. So two weeks ago an urgent plea was posted on Vet Ranches Facebook page. Frankie was again in need of a forever home.



This was our chance to help Frankie! We can give him a forever home. We want him. We already feel as if we know him. We love him. 

The last two weeks have been spent coordinating with two wonderful women who helped us to get everything ready.  Renee was in charge of making sure all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed;  and Caron was our hands-on angel with Frankie in San Antonio.  She volunteered to take him to vet appointments, provided the travel crate, gave him a home for a few nights, and got him to the airport and on his way to Utah.  Yesterday was the big day and we are happy to announce that Frankie made it home.

Picking him up at the airport.

The ride home

Jasper and Frankie

Frankie and Jasper
He already loves his nylabone chew toy

Playing chase outside


Size comparison. Yes Frankie does have a cone.
 He was neutered on Monday and will wear the
 cone for a few more days.

We love him.

Welcome HOME Frankie!


19 comments:

  1. Jen and Nathan, So happy to see sweet Frankie settling in . He looks at home already, it was meant to be.
    Thrilled to be a part of this Happy ending :)
    Caron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could not have done it without your hep Caron.

      Delete
  2. awesome so happy frankie found a loving home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebodys cuttin them damn onions again ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful adoption story! Frankie couldn't have found a better home. I hope you will someday soon also get to be a part of another beautiful adoption story and have a child join your growing family. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to care about Frankie as much as we do. We also hope that we will have another adoption story to share with all of you. Please feel free to share our information with everyone you know. Jasper and Frankie will be wonderful playmates for our next happy addition.

      Delete
  5. Awesome story! As a fan of Vet Ranch, I followed Frankie's tale to your blog. He could not have asked for a happier home and the start of a brand new life of love. Thank YOU for taking in this sweet little guy. I pray you will be Blessed with a child soon and be able to complete your beautiful family.

    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for making him part of your family, when we where told we couldn't keep him it broke out hearts, especially my 4 year old daughter who became extremely attached to him. But when Rene told me that you where willing to pay for his trip, I knew he found his forever home and that he would be spoiled and loved forever. My daughter keeps asking me who the lady is that got him, now I can show her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy he found a good home my girl loved that little guy he was such a playful puppy but I am glad that he is happy and BeING taken care of :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally and completely understand how you can love a dog you have never met and that lives so far away, I've fallen in love with a Romanian street dog that I am fighting for to adopt and get him shipped over here. I'm so glad you've given this little buddy a new loving home and a companion to discover life with. I wish you all the best<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frankie Panky! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee happy endings! And I love Vet Ranch, too. :)

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so happy he found a home pit bulls are such a miss understood breed I have two females myself one of them is 11 years old and the other is 4 years old and they think that they are lap dogs lol i am so happy for you all such a happy family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad Frankie found a nice home to live in...he seems like a real ball of joy and fun!! Thank you for taking a chance with him...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great story from great folks. When you adopt , please adopt a child from here in the USA. So many people bring children from other countries here- mainly because its cheaper, lets take care of our own first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Frankie is doing awesome. He and our 19 month old daughter are best friends. I'm sorry I quit posting but it is hard to find the time when chasing a toddler. Thank you again for all you did for him. We love him.

      Delete
  14. All I did was take him to vet ranch, you gave him a home and family. My kids where super attached to him, so when they saw how happy he was they stopped being sad and where over joyed to see him with a family and now a little girl to protect. He did love kids so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I did was take him to vet ranch, you gave him a home and family. My kids where super attached to him, so when they saw how happy he was they stopped being sad and where over joyed to see him with a family and now a little girl to protect. He did love kids so much!!

    ReplyDelete