Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

To start off I would like to wish everyone who reads this post a Happy Mothers day.  I hope that you are all able to find a meaningful way to celebrate the important women in you life.
I would especially like to thank my own mother for being MY Mom.  She is one of my very best friends.  She is my example of how a wife and mother should be, she is one of my ultimate supporters and confidants.  She encourages the best in me and is honest to help me see when I am wrong.  She has sacrificed many of her own dreams so that she can help my siblings and I achieve our own.
It took me several years to realize how amazing my Mom really is.  In truth it was not until I moved out to go to college 90 minutes a way from home that I discovered how much I had come to rely on all that my Mother gave to me.   I can remember times in those first few weeks when I would have to run to Wal-mart to have more minutes put on my phone card so that I could dial the long distance number to ask my mom a simple question like how she cooked her chicken, or the best way to deal with a situation with my roommates or class assignments.  It was not until I was 'out of the nest' as you may say that I started to learn all the lessons that she had diligently tried to teach me over the years but that I chose not to pay attention to.  In my young mind I would think "why would I need to learn how to cook and clean or make a shopping list and budget money when she was always there to do it for me?"  She knew that she would not always be there.  I ended up learning many lessons the hard way.
Over the weeks and months our calls became a little less of my questions and more and more like two friends calling to check in on each other and see what we were up too.  Since that time our friendship has grown and matured.  We now speak at least a few times a week about all the big and little things going on in our lives. Thank you Mom for you constant love and support.  You are the best.  Someday I hope that I can be as great a Mother to my future children as you are to me.

I love you Mom
Happy Mothers Day! 

Happy Sunday Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment