Sunday, March 31, 2013

Just a few Pictures of my Easter weekend

I have had a very eventful two days celebrating the Easter holiday with friends and family. 
Yesterday Nathan's family got together and did an Easter egg hunt for all the nieces and nephews and a little lunch.  I love these get-togethers because they are always laid-back and we just enjoy each others company and have a good time. 
My sister-in-law Jennifer and I (yes that means that there are 2 Jen's in the family) had the fun responsibility/honor of hiding all the eggs.  I believe it took us twice as long to get them all hidden as it took the six kids to find them all.

 

Jake will still need a little more practice before he goes into professional egg hunting.  He wanted
 to stop and open each egg and eat the candy in it before going and finding the next one.  Maybe
next year he will be able to find more before the other kids get to them first.

Little Ty had a great time with Aunt Jennifer. 

I just love this little guy.
 Today my parents spoke in Sacrament meeting at church.  In addition to it being Easter Sunday it was also their mission farewell.  They will be leaving in two weeks to spend the next 18 months at the Heber Valley Girls Camp.  They both gave very powerful talks about following the Saviors example and how the Atonement can be used in each of our lives.  I am so grateful for their faith and examples that have helped me grow closer to the person that I want to eventually become.  
After the meeting we went back to their house for lunch and to visit with my dads side of the family and many of our friends and neighbors stopped by as well.  It was so nice to see many of the people that I had not seen in several years.  They are very blessed to be surrounded by such great and wonderful friends.

The kids favorite part of coming over to my parents house (other than the cats)
 is to play with the little tractor that is just their size.

My parents visiting with a family friend.
 And lastly, when I arrived home from my parents home I looked out my back door and what do I see?  A couple of buffalo in the field behind us.  A few years ago they raised a few bison as well and it is so fun to watch them all summer long.  I think it is going to be another fun year.

Yep, those are buffalo.  This picture is taken from my back porch.


Happy Easter Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment