Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thank goodness for children.

Lately I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything I have to do.  Between keeping everything put together at home, preparing for girls camp (I'm the ward girls camp director), planning cub scout activities weekly, spreading the word of our adoption hopes and working full-time.  Sometimes it seems like there is so much to do that there is no way that I can get it all done.
One of the things that just happened to be at the back of my mind was that the cub master asked that each den come up with a new den cheer before the next pack meeting. 
I am not the most creative person and making up a new cheer was not an easy task for me.  So it makes sense that I kept moving it to the bottom of my to-do-list.  Well as these things go, I put it off so much that I forgot about it and when the cub master got up at pack meeting yesterday and announced that all the dens would be giving their new cheer I panicked!  With only minutes to go and my mind racing I looked to the assistant den leader and pleaded for her help hoping that she might miraculously have one in mind.  She didn't.
Mind and heart racing I felt a little tap on my shoulder.   When I turned around I saw two of my boys standing behind me.  Very excitedly one of them said that he had just come up with a cheer and can we please use it.  We'll how could I refuse.  He hurriedly showed me what he had come up with and was so pleased when I told him it was great.  The two boys than rushed to the back of the room to teach the cheer to the other two boys in the den. 
Happily when the Bear den was called up to the front of the meeting, four wonderful boys stood in front of their parents and fellow scouts and said:

(hand raised with one claw slashing downward)
"Claw the air,
I'm a Bear!"
 
They did great and with a little of practice may even do it in unison.  I am so proud of all the boys in my den and all the hard work and fun we have each week. 
 

Happy Wednesday

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment