Friday, May 31, 2013

Planting Flowers

Today as I was leaving work I was asked if I would like to take home some pansies that had been removed from one of the hospital's flower beds by the landscape crew.  Knowing that I had promised myself that this year I would actually put some effort into our yard I accepted the request.  I was than given a large garbage bag full of flowers. 
When I got home and decided on where I wanted to transplant the flowers I went in search of our shovel.  I couldn't find it anywhere.  Nathan has been gone all week on his bear hunt and all I can conclude is that he took the shovel along with him.  I knew that these flowers would not last long if left in the trash bag waiting for Nathan to return from his hunt so I called our sweet neighbor and was able to borrow theirs.


 After a little hard work and some elbow grease I had the soil loose enough to plant.  We had two different colors of pansies in the bag dark purple and light purple so I was able to arranged them in a pattern.
It is such a nice day, felt so good to work outside in the shade.  (I burn so easily and I don't tan.  Just alternate from white to red and back to white.)
Listening to Shania Twain and Brad Paisley while I work.

 
Finished product.  They should perk up in the next few days as I water them and they get use to their new home.  Jasper doesn't even seem to mind them.  He had a great time sun bathing in the front yard beside me.
 
Funny moment of the week:  My sister txt me this picture of one of my parent's cats riding in my brother's work truck.  This cat is notorious for sneaking along on car rides or even neighbors camping trips (true story, she jumped on them in the middle of the night!) Evidently she found her way into the cab of his work truck when he made a quick stop by the house.  He made it all the way to the freeway before she made her appearance! Whinnie is a crazy cat.

 

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment