Monday, May 20, 2013

Visiting Elder and Sister Hendrickson




At Legacy Lake
This last weekend Heber Valley Girls Camp where my parents are serving as missionaries had their spring open-house.  All the wards and stakes that will be camping there as well as the missionaries families were invited to come up and visit the camp. 
Sam, Caleb, and I were one of the first cars to arrive and because Nathan and I had just bought a new car that I drove up, my dad who was one of the greeters at the gate was surprised when he waved us forward to welcome us and give us a map.  He gave us directions to where our mom was and we drove in to find her.
Many of our family and ward family came up to visit.

My parents had many immediate family and ward family members drive up just for the opportunity to visit with them.  My parents have adopted many ward families into our family.  They have numerous ward grandchildren, and now their first ward great-grandchild. 
It was so fun to get together with these special families.
All the kids had a great time running around and looking for animals and animal tracks.


Teeter-totter on the log.

Lily pointing out the moose tracks.







My dad holding his first ward great-grandchild.



My turn.

Family picture.  (Nate had to work)

Happy Birthday Donuts!

Four of our five family members have birthdays coming up this next week and so we celebrated a little early because we were together. 

We were able to see lots of wildlife while we were visiting the camp.  After most of the visitors left the deer started to come out to feed and came with in 20 yards of where we were standing.  As we drove home we counted how many deer from our parents trailer until we hit the bottom of the mountain the camp is located (about 10miles)  and we got up to 26 deer before we hit the main part of Heber city.   My parents are in Heaven!  I believe that the hardest part of their mission is going to be in 2 years when they tell them that they have to move back home.    If you would like to read more about their adventures you can check out their blog at
Deer in the sunset.

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment