Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Gratitude

33 Weeks Already


It is amazing how fast time is starting to go by.  I am now definitely feeling and looking pregnant. My cute little belly has ceased to be a little pouch or soccer ball and is now more like half a basket ball or beach ball.  Spike also ensures that I do not sit up straight for long periods of time as she is resting so low in my belly that when I sit for longer then 5-10 minutes and can't lean back I get very uncomfortable.  
I have to count my blessings that I have had such a 'normal' pregnancy so far.  Especially working in an OB/GYN office I see all the extremes that can happen and the struggles many women endure while pregnant.  Dr. Vered just keeps telling me how perfectly normal everything has been for me.  (Personally, I think he may be a little bias though since he counts on me being at work everyday and they have not yet found/trained my replacement.)




Today we made a big dent in our stock pile of diapers.  Thanks to the heads-up from a friend we were able to score a package of 276 size one diapers through Amazon Mom's for only $20.  They arrived right to our porch today and went straight into the nursery ready for use in the next few months.
I also received two baby gifts today.  The first was from a very sweet patient of a cozy knit/fleece jacket that I'm sure Spike will love to use next winter when she will be big enough.  The second was from my sister-in-law who because of her work schedule will be unable to attend a baby shower.  It is the pink onsie that says 'Proud daughter of a hunter.'  I think Nathan will approve.


Below is the kind card that the patient gave me along with the jacket.  Aside from the wonderful thoughtfulness of a gift for our baby she took the time to acknowledge the work that I do everyday.  I truly enjoy my job and I am so touched the she took the time to let me know that she notices that.  I want to work on being more like that and acknowledging the work that people do around me.



Today I am grateful for so many things and it as been a good day thinking about and noticing all of the blessing that I have.

1 comment:

  1. I served my mission with you and have followed your journey...this makes me so happy...you look awesome; what a wonderful blessing!!! God Bless, cant wait to see what the next few months brings for you and your little family

    ReplyDelete