Thursday, November 21, 2013

Our First Big Snow Storm

It has been snowing all day.  The forecast only called for rain in the valleys and so the accumulation of several inches was a great surprise.  From my post a few weeks ago you should know that I love snow.  Winter is my favorite season and I love the look of freshly fallen snow on the ground. 
Today was the perfect day for our first big snow storm, at least is was for me.  The only part of snow that I do not like is driving in it.  That's why today was so perfect.  I was able to stay home all day.  I did laundry, straitened up the house, made dinner and prepped the nursery for painting.  I did not have a single pressing errand to run that would require me to drive during the storm. 
This afternoon I did go out to get the mail, shovel the driveway and even played in the snow with Jasper for a few minutes. 
Now I'm back inside with the smell of my pumpkin spice candle on the warmer and a cup of hot apple cider next to me.  This is why I love the snow.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment