Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Review

This year for the first time since Nathan and I have been married neither of us was required to work.  It was so nice to be able to celebrate with both of our families without the stress of work or adjusting everyone's holiday schedule.
We spent Christmas Eve with Nathan's family and Christmas morning with my family.
 
Little T loved his new wheels, especially because
 they seemed to come with cruise control powered
by Uncle Austin.  They zipped around at full speed
with T laughing and smiling the entire time.

My Sister-in-law Jen and I in our matching
hooded and footy pajamas.

All the girls in our PJ's.

J in his pajamas and hooded blanket.

Jen teasing Nathan (as usual).
It was so fun to watch all the little nieces and nephews eagerly open their gifts and happily play.  All their antics kept the adults pleasantly occupied and laughing all night long.

I forgot to take my camera down to my parents house for Christmas morning so I have no photographic proof of the fun we had there, but it was fun.  A mellow-er party then the night before noting the absence of any little kids to entertain but we sufficed with laughing at each other and the cats.

As far as Nathan a I go, we had a great Christmas.  We both commented that we were more excited to be giving gifts then the anticipation of receiving any but we felt blessed on both accounts.
Nathan wins the award for best gift given in the cousin gift exchange (we participate by adding Jasper's name to the draw) by giving little J a toy bulldozer.  No matter what other gifts J opened or received he kept going back to his new bulldozer.  He even got mad at his dad when they had loaded the gifts into the car to drive home because he wanted to hold the bulldozer all the way home (all 8 housed up the street).

Nathan and I received many wonderful gifts as well.  Most of which are hunting themed.  Nathan gave me a new 30.30 rifle (since I had commandeered his for my last two hunts), a new pair of gloves and my in-laws gave me a new hunting pack.  I gave Nathan a new bow, and a pair of binocular chest straps.  From his parents he received a scope for his 30.30 (I shoot open-sights).
We also received many other wonderful gifts from friends, neighbors and family.  We are grateful for all the wonderful people in our lives and the love that we share with them all. 
It was a very Merry Christmas.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment