Saturday, March 1, 2014

8 weeks into the Power-Foods Challenge

I can't believe it.  The 8 week Power-Foods Challenge that I entered in January has come to an end.   Eight weeks ago I started my journey to change the direction my body was going and to step out of my comfort zone.
Before the challenge I would eat whatever I wanted.  That included lots of butter, candy, and 3-4 Dr. Peppers a day.  I did not have any desire or history of exercising either.  Because of the bad habits I had developed I have steadily watched the scale slowly advance higher and higher.  Don't get me wrong, I was not overweight, and I was comfortable with how I looked.  But after watching a good friend at work transform herself and her body throughout the last year I realized that if I did not start now to develop good habits and to take care of myself I would someday find myself at the point that I did not want to be in.
So began my change of heart.  It was hard.  I had to spend hours each week preparing and packing the six meals that I would eat each day.  I would try lots of new foods, and even <gasp> come to enjoy cooking many of them.   I also went from absolutely zero exercise and energy to exercising at least three times a week for 35 minutes at a time.  I also over the first two weeks of the challenge I was able to completely kick my Dr. Pepper habit.  Honestly I now have one one or two a week and drink tons of water instead (and I enjoy it!).
I did not do this just to watch the pounds fall off.  Truly I was content with my body and myself before.  I started this in order to develop better habits.  For this reason I will not tell you my starting weight or my current weight.  But I will say that I have been rewarded with an 8lb weight loss over the eight weeks as well as loosing a pant size!
I am so happy that I had the courage to desire and stick with this.  I am also very thankful to those who have helped to encourage me to succeed and cheered me along the way.  Especially Nathan, Kristin and Jessie.


I will continue to use the skills that I have learned and the habits I have developed to continue to improve.  I am so happy with my progress and I am excited to see what I can do in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment