Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Recent Projects

This week I am in Arizona to attend the birth of my best-friends baby girl.  I am so excited to be able spend this time with her and her family, and even more excited to become an Aunt again.
As a tradition I enjoy making baby blankets for my close friends each time they have a new baby.  Over the years I have probably made about seven or eight of these to give away.  M's new baby girl is no exception.  And I am so happy with how it turned out.




I make 'big' baby blankets.  More like an adult sized lap quilt.  But I do that so that the baby can use my blanket for years.   I think I do this because of a blanket that I received as a baby.  My great-grandma Dixie have me a large baby blanket when I was young and I would sleep with it for years.  In fact I still have it safely tucked away in my ceder chest and it always makes me feel safe and loved.
M also has a little boy who now has the privilege of being a big brother.  I wanted to make him something special for this occasion as well.  After a lot of thought and careful contemplation I found the perfect idea.  I made T a Super T cape!  I am so happy with how it turned out as well.  I can't wait to see how much he likes it.



Happy Tuesday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment