Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My favorite time of the Year

Why is it you ask that THIS is my favorite time of the year?  It has nothing to do with the date, or that Halloween is tomorrow or with all the other holidays fast approaching.  It has more do with the feeling in the air.  And most importantly in the fact that I feel like making my homemade caramel popcorn. 
Every year around this time I feel a certain drive to make my creamy caramel popcorn.  I usually end up making a couple of different batches between Halloween and Christmas every year.  Not exactly for the holidays but more because they give me an excuse to pull out the air popper and get to work.
The tradition, as with the best traditions in life started when I was a young child.  I have many memories of sitting in the kitchen, all of us sitting around the popcorn popper sorting through the popped and unpopped kernels.  


Four bowls of fresh popped popcorn

Two batches of caramel

Bring it to a boil and than add the sweet and condensed milk

Fresh caramel

Pour over the popcorn

And stir in completely
 
I am glad that I can carry on the tradition and continue to share this amazing popcorn with those around me. 

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment