Friday, July 5, 2013

Crafting With My Sis

Today I have a treat for you all.  My sister Samantha has accepted my invitation to be a guest blogger and share with you her amazing witty/fun writing talent which she inherited from our father and I did not.  She has her own blog which you can read here
Without further ado, my sister:

On a complete whim due to the fact that I would be in her part of the world on Saturday I decided to spend Friday evening and night with my sister.  It is a good thing that she agreed to this arrangement because it sure beats sleeping in my car.

As an activity to stay the encroaching powers of boredom (not really because hanging out with my sis isn't boring) we decided to do some crafting.  Now crafting isn't a very big thing that my sister and I do.  She has surly done more "crafts" than I because my idea of crafting is making sure that my shoes are tied when I leave my apartment and my bed is made when I leave my room.  My philosophy on the matter mostly entails that if it didn't start out that way it doesn't really need to be changed.  It was time to get my craft on though.

My sister is the Camp Director in her ward and as such she is in charge of making sure that EVERYTHING gets done.  Part of her job description (that I'm sure she has given herself) includes preparing the crafts that the girls will do and having an example to show them.  I would probably just describe the craft to the girls as best as I could and then leave them to their own devices, so it is very good that I am not the Camp Director, the crafts coordinator, or even going to camp.

The craft that we did was decorating note boxes for the girls.  Each girl will have her own box that others can put kind notes, handouts, and overall inspiring tidbits to raise each girls spirits through the time that they will be at camp.  I was overall very impressed with what I was able to turn out.  Of course my sisters box was much better and fit the theme of what the girls would be doing, but I gave it a fair go.  Since I love the beach and currently wish that I was there as the temperatures keep raising I did a turtle/shell theme.  Now my great accomplishment in the field of crafting can be shown off in all its glory along with my sisters when the girls do their very own craft box.





1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog. Glad you 2 got to spent some time together, and that you didn't make bones sleep in the car. After she gets her hair done, take some pictures that can be used on her web page and e harmony. Love you both--E/S H

    ReplyDelete