Monday, July 22, 2013

A fun day

Late this morning as I was sitting on the couch enjoying my day off and reading a book, my sister txt to see if I was working.  She was interested in coming up to my work to join me for lunch.  Amazingly we both had the day off and decided to get together for lunch and some fun.

 
We met up at Olive Garden and ended up having an entire room to ourselves.  That was probably lucky because we were having a lot of fun talking and exchanging stories from the last few weeks since we had been together.
 
After lunch we decided to drive over to Gardner Village and browse through the stores.  We had both only been to Gardner Village a few times in the past and always in October during Witch-a-palooza.  If you have never been to Gardner Village I highly recommend it.  Especially during October.  Witches everywhere and fun activities all the time.
Today was a lot more low-key and less crowded.  We enjoyed lazily going through little store after little store.






Sam found a couple of ducks taking a nap and had to take a picture.  So logically, I took a picture of her taking the picture.
 
We found several great signs.  Wise words but not worth the price of the frame.
 
"Live doesn't have to be perfect to be Wonderful"

This one fits me a little too well, especially the part about cooking.
"I understand the concept of cooking and cleaning; Just not how it applies to ME!"

 And just a bit more fun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sam and her bug sunglasses. (No she didn't buy them)


I guess during the month of July Gardner Village celebrates 'Beach month.'  The whole place was decorated swimming and beach themed.  In the little creek that runs between shops here was a shark fin and a sign saying 'Beach Closed.'
 
Sam looking very scared of the shark.  Maybe if she had bought the sunglasses the shark may have been more scared of her.


We had a great time getting out of the house and enjoying our mutual day off.  We should do it again sometime.  I have a great sister.

Happy Monday!!!




2 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh. I totally should have bought those bug (big ugly glasses) sunglasses so that I could have scared the "shark" away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed this entry. Glad you too had so much fun. love you both..Dad

    ReplyDelete