Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Tree is Up

Tis that time of year again for home decorating, present shopping, trimming the tree, sending out cards, listening to carols, and remembering our Savior.  This weekend I was able to start on some of these festivities.


Nathan helped by getting everything out of the attic and even putting the tree together one day while I was working.  That night I was able to spend some time 'fluffing' the branches and making it look like an actual tree.


Then to the fun part.  Unpacking all of the decorations and placing them in just the right place on the tree.


Of course I had Pandora radio playing throughout the whole house.  The channel of the evening was Pentatonix holiday music.  I highly recommend this group and this channel for all your listening pleasure.



Some of the ornements are old.  Such as this paper mache cowboy from Nathan's grandmother. 


Some are 'all natural'  If you look close you can see a set of deer antlers.


Some are new such as these that I found on KSL deals this year.


Some remind me of very special people I love.


And of course it is all topped by a beautiful star.  (The antlers in this picture are hung on wall behind the tree and not the tree its self)



All resulting in our own unique Christmas tree filled with memories old and new.


1 comment:

  1. Love the tree. A lot of memories hanging there. Love you both-Dad

    ReplyDelete